Tuesday, March 17, 2009

How do they...

Saturday I tried to heat up a cup of coffee. There I am, half dazed, waiting for the stupid microwave to hurry up because a minute is too long to wait for coffee any day. Coach and I have the following conversation:

Coach: "How long have you known the microwave isn't working?"

Me: Still staring at the microwave like it could predict the future. "What?"

Coach: "The microwave, how long have you known it's not working?"

Me: "What?" Obviously I didn't have coffee yet. Then it dawned on me. "Maybe yesterday, when I tried to heat a potato up for 21 minutes and it didn't cook. I thought it was just a bad potato."

Coach: Trying hard not to laugh, but not succeeding. "Seriously, you cooked it for that long and thought it was the potato? SERIOUSLY??"

Me: "Yes, Seriously. Why would I lie about that?" I really did think it was the potato. It was an OLD potato. Then I realized damn I guess that means no coffee.

Okay, I will admit, it wasn't one of my proudest moments. But the story is true. 

I want to know how appliances know you're getting a tax refund and break down just in time? Do they smell it or what???



No comments: