Monday, March 9, 2009

Love-ly...not really

Let's just say that today didn't start out too well. First, when I went to take Claire to school this morning, there was no car seat in my car. Coach used it to take one of Claire's friends from school home on Saturday and forgot to put it back. Okay, no biggie. Then I go to turn on the car. Figures, on E. I mean literally on E. Fine. I'll just stop at the gas station on the way to school. Get there pull in swipe my debit card...DENIED. What? Okay, maybe the card. So I fish in my wallet for another card. Swipe the credit card...DENIED. Okay, now I'm getting a little pissed. And now we are running late. I go in to talk to the attendant. Blah, blah, we're having problems with the pump...fine. Swipe it inside...DENIED. I have entered the twilight zone. At this point the only explanation that makes any sense. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!! So, luckily for some crazy odd reason I have the check book. I know that if I don't get gas, I'm not going to make it home or to school. So I beg the lady to take a check. She agrees but needs to copy my driver's license. Fine, but could we make it snappy, still have to get my kid to school. Finally...she gets back from the copy room and lets me write the check. Claire was late. I did my best, but still late. 

So that was my morning, how was yours?

By the way, one card had a security breach and is being re-issued, the other we had to charge a team meal on when we were on our road trip. They put a hold on the account to verify the card wasn't stolen. Helpful info. before I pump gas.

No comments: