Friday, March 6, 2009

It all comes down to this

Well...all good things  must come to an end. That's what happened last night. Our season ended. It doesn't matter so much that we lost but that it's over. It is hard to say goodbye to this season because it means saying goodbye to our first class of recruits. That's the hard part for me. Many of these young ladies seem like an extension of our family. We just spend so much time with them it's hard not to get attached.

Claire was upset, too. Her and the other coach's daughter were actually crying at the game. I never expected her to take it so hard. I think it was a combination of the game and being over-tired. None the less, it broke my heart a little. When we got back to the hotel, she told Coach that he was the best coach ever and that she wanted him to coach next year. You can plan on that, Claire.

On the bright side, I get my husband back! At least for awhile. A few months, at least. 

Now we just have the long drive home...