Monday, June 29, 2009

What a Zoo-tiful day

After Claire was stuck in either a hot gym or a car traveling to open houses, I thought she deserved something a little fun. That can be read that I actually wanted to do something fun. So we decided on the zoo. What is more fun than feeding giraffes with long purple gooey tongues? 

We had a great day, not too hot, not too cold and as an added bonus, no rain. My mom came with us and it was fun to be kids again.

We loved the prairie dogs, and the turtles in the pond, feeding the goats, and the little zoo train.

But honestly, after being in a gym all weekend, anyplace would look good.

P.S. Had to mention something Claire said today because I thought it was rather hilarious.

I asked her to wiggle one of her teeth in front. The visual is disgusting but I will share only for the sake of getting the full effect. Her loose tooth is to the right of her two bottom front teeth. It is literally just hanging there defying all laws of gravity. The other tooth is already coming in behind it pushing it further into space with every passing moment.

Claire says, "Mom, I already wiggled it today. It felt so disgusting I thought I was going to throw up! No I'm not wiggling it again!"

Seriously? Throw up? Really? Maybe she's a touch on the dramatic side. Maybe she's a touch like her mom.

No comments: