Friday, December 26, 2008

Well...Santa is over for another year

It comes and goes so quickly. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have felt like a Disney cast member the last week, trying to make sure the MAGIC happens! I apparently was successful. 

Claire got a My Twinn doll as her big gift. She really likes it. Also, the two Barbies from the Diamond Castle movie. You put their hands together and they each sing a part of the same song. Hokey, but she liked that too. Only one thing didn't work. It was an EyeClops magnifying toy. You plug it into your T.V. and it magnifies up to 400 times the original size, or not. We tried it in all of our T.V.'s and nothing. Even changed the batteries, nothing. Oh well, It wouldn't be Christmas without one return. I am wondering if this will be the last year she believes. I suspect we're getting close to having the charade be over. She's starting to ask questions. 

Claire: Mom how did you know I was getting a My Twinn doll so that you could make a matching sweatshirt?

Me: Um, Santa e-mailed me. He said the elves were extra busy this year and asked if I could make a few extra things for you and the doll. (fingers crossed she buys this)

Claire: Um...okay. (insert my sigh of relief)

Coach got a Shiatsu massager for his back. I guess it was a hit because he used it most of yesterday. He also got P90x plus (workout videos). We did the first series and now I'm bored, so I'll probably use them too. I've really been slacking in the working out department, but am planning on re-dedicating myself after the holidays are over, with about a million + other people!

Well, tomorrow I turn 35! Yowza! Not really ready for that one. Early thirties sounds WAY better than mid-thirties. But who am I kidding, age is just really a number. I just hate the stigma that goes along with the BIGGER number. I really don't feel that much different. Okay a little more out of shape than in previous months, but nothing a little working out can't take care of. We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

TEAM Update: We lost our last game before break. We led the whole game then lost by five in the final two minutes. Loosing players to ineligibility and injury really affects the whole team. The loss was a heartbreaker. You hate to go into break on a down note.

No comments: